Your Everyday Beauty is now live on Instagram! Follow me!
I got to go shopping in Mall Of Asia today for a bit and I want to share with you my beauty buys. Before I do a review on this haul, I want to test the products first so I can accurately suggest it if it really does perform well. Think of me as your beauty product guinea pig. *squee*
Starting from upper left, clockwise:
• Bobbi Brown – Brightening Finishing Powder in porcelain pearl is a highlighting powder to be applied to the whole face. (Php 3,200)
• A free bag from Beauty Bar for all my purchases–so cute!
• Cure – Natural Aqua Gel claims to be Japan’s #1 exfoliator and removes 0.01mm of your skin per use. So excited to try this out! (Php 1,500 from Beauty Bar)
• Nail Bliss – Bling Nail Appliqués are studded stickers for nails. I have the one of Sally Hansen but I haven’t tried that out either. This is so cute and it was on sale. (Php 337 from Beauty Bar)
• Fran Wilson – Mood Matcher changes its color once it is applied to your lips. The black one turns into fuchsia and the orange one turns into an almost neon pink. I have the green one of this and it turns into a berry red that stays on like lip stain. Love this so I decided to buy the other colors. (Php 195 each from Beauty Bar)
• Dazzling White – Instant Whitening Pen claims to whiten teeth in 1 week with continued use. (Php 299 from Watson’s)
• Tweezerman – Stainless Steel Slant Color Tweezer has great reviews everywhere. It even has an Allure Best of Beauty Winner sticker. They also had it in my favorite color so I saw it as a sign haha. (Php 950 from Beauty Bar)
• Fairy Drops – Platinum Black is lengthening, volumizing, humidity-proof and water-proof! I love the purple version of this one and I heard that this one is better so let’s see about that. (Php 1,195 from Beauty Bar)
• Natur Vital – Hair Loss Shampoo for greasy hair would be perfect for me because my hair is really thin and it tends to get greasy as well. Really hope this works! (Php 495 from Beauty Bar)
• FX – Flat Iron Heat Memory Spray has thermal protection while it smoothens and shines ironed hair. I bought this to protect my hair from daily heat styling. (Php 299 from Watson’s)
Phew! I think that’s enough shopping for the rest of April. Have you tried any of these products? Please let me know how the products worked for you.
Can you believe I did this whole post (including product photos) with just my iPhone? Technology never fails to amaze me!
I decided to shoot a video about the “5 Makeup Mistakes You Might Be Doing”. Some girls just aren’t aware that they’re making these mistakes and they’re so common that I think it’s about time someone shed some light. But I think we’ve all been guilty of a few makeup blunders. There’s still time to correct them!
While I’m editing the video, can you guess what the mistakes are?
So have you figured them out yet? Make sure to leave a comment below and maybe add a few that you’ve seen around.
I finally got my new video up! I’m not so sure about you but I noticed that a lot of people my age are getting married one after the other. It’s been wedding after wedding on Facebook! So this tutorial may be fitting for the moment.
This tutorial is an easy look that brides can easily do themselves or you can also do this look if you were attending a wedding. With the neutral eye and lip makeup, you can wear this no matter what color your dress is.
How did you like the tutorial? Are you attending a wedding soon? Try this out!
*Photos and info on products I used to follow!
I was in Duty Free Philippines with my girls last week and I got to buy some beauty stuff I’d like to share with you.
I’ve been wanting to buy the Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo but it was never available locally. I found this in the Duty Free Shops so I decided to give this Neutrogena Clean Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner a try. The price isn’t so bad at US$ 6.00 each and it does rinse off cleanly. I hate soap and shampoos that leave a moisturizing film. It makes me feel like I’m not clean enough. I love this!
This is OPI’s Princesses Rock! I’ve never seen an OPI selection as big as Duty Free’s. I wish I had taken a picture to show you because they have so many shades available it was just impossible to pick which one I wanted to buy. I rarely ever spend a lot on nail polish unless it’s a unique color that only that particular brand has or it’s a base/top coat. This metallic pink is so cute and princessy. It has red, green, pink and gold shimmer! So cute! It’s much more expensive at US$ 14.50 as opposed to Php 325.00 in local stores. But I’ve never seen this color around so I decided to buy it.
MAC is cheaper in the Duty Free Shops so I took the chance to buy the things I needed (and some I didn’t really need at all). I got the MAC 217 blender brush (US$ 26.50) and I absolutely love it. It’s perfect for contouring the lid fold and creating a seamless smoky eye. The MAC 211 pointed eyeliner brush (US$ 25.00) is also very useful. But you can get a brush that does the same thing for half the price.
This is the MAC Prep + Prime Future Length Lash Serum (US$ 39.50) that’s supposed to make your lashes thicker and longer if you use it religiously twice a day for 8 weeks. It has a small applicator brush (like a liner brush) and you apply the clear serum on your lash line. It won’t sting your eyes because it’s ophthalmologist-tested. I’m usually the type who can’t wait that long to see results but I’m trying to stick to it. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
I really love this MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter (US$ 28.50) because it really does what it says it will. I put this under my eyes on days I don’t get enough sleep (which is pretty much everyday) and it brightens up my face. It’s comparable to YSL’s Touche Eclat but this is much more of a brightener than a concealer. I’d use this if I wanted a dewy look without contouring–I’ll just highlight key points on my face and it completes the look. I’m also coming to like the whole of MAC’s Prep + Prime line. I have the BB cream and powder from this line and I always use them.
Have you been to Duty Free Philippines recently? I haven’t been there in years! What do you usually buy there aside from the usual chocolates?
When was the last time you cleaned your makeup brushes? Did you know that your makeup brush is an ideal breeding ground for germs? It’s dark (in your makeup bag) and moist (especially your foundation brush) and it’s just the perfect place for a bacteria party.
It’s ideal to wash foundation/lip brushes every week and your blush/eye brushes every other week. If you decide to use your makeup brushes on someone else, make sure to wash it before and after. You don’t want to spread warts and germs, right?
Here’s my step by step guide on how to keep your makeup brushes santizied and preserve their quality as well.
What you need:
1. Towel/paper towel
2. Small bowl
3. Baby shampoo (or any other gentle shampoo)
4. 99% Alcohol
1.In a small bowl, put 1 part baby shampoo and 3 parts water. Dip only the hairs of the makeup brush. Never dip until the ferrule (the metal band that holds the hairs and the handle) because that’s where all of the adhesive that keeps the brush together is. Getting it wet too often can cause the glue to wear off and eventually cause the brush to fall apart.
2. Swirl the brush around your palm to wash off all the makeup residue. Don’t be too rough because the hair can easily fall out. But don’t worry if some do, that’s normal especially when your brush is still new.
4. Lay them flat on a towel/paper towel to let them dry and arrange the hairs if necessary. Never wring the hairs or let them dry standing in a cup. You want to avoid getting water/soap inside the ferrule at all costs. Depending on the material of the hairs and how dense it is, drying time will vary. The denser it is, the longer it will take.
5. This part isn’t necessary but I just like to make sure that everything is sanitized: When they are already dry, before storing them, spray 99% alcohol on both sides of the brush. Also, you also need to clean the bag where you store it. What’s the point of washing them if you’re going to return them to a dirty container right?
What I used:
Nigel Beauty Emporium 99% Alcohol can be bought in Pure Beauty in Serendra, BGC. You can find 99% alcohol in professional makeup supply stores and over the internet. I’ve tried searching for this in pharmacies but they don’t have it. It’s amazing and I use it on so many things that I need to sanitize. You just need to transfer it to a spray bottle. Also, this stuff is strong so avoid getting it on your skin because this can easily dry it out.
Do you have a different way of cleaning your brushes? What products do you use? Tell us!